Friday, 16 December 2016

Mermaid blanket and handcrafted vegan makeup





As much as my vernal print on the wall can make you think different it is FREEZING in Milan and even with the heating on a warm blanket is always welcomed. I've been loving this one from DRESSLILY lately. It matches my room's colour scheme and it makes me feel a child again to be in a knitted marmaid tail. An other thing I've been liking A LOT lately is natural and bio makeup products. I feel we wear so much shit sometimes without even realizing it behing big names..and it's just so nice to find handcrafted, natural, vegan and safe products that work the same and you actually know what's in there. The first product I wanna talk you about is a lip stain (pictures below for each item). It's from SHAKESPEARE'S BATHTUB (like all the products I'm gonna introduce you today) and it's basically a very smooth muave coloured stain that you can build up to get the colour intensity you want. The scent of cherry orchard is not strong but it's there and a thing I liked is that the first layers is actually so light that it just gives your lips a tiny darker shade but you would most likely think it's just naked lips (which is the look I went for in the pictures) and adding layers the colour intensifies till a full muave. 
The second product I'm gonna talk you about is a luminizer.. that you can find HERE, I gotta be honest when I first saw it so compact I thought It would have been too tricky to spread and the strong smell was a bit of a put off as well but I ended up loving it! It was a pure revelation. The heat of the fingers soften the shea butter so it's not tricky to spread at all. The luminizer itself is blinding! I tried to show it in the pictures but it's never easy to get the right light..especially when you are home alone trying to take pictures of yourself ahah!
The third product I really liked is the M' LADY PLUMPING BALM which is a peppermit flavoured plumping lip balm (as the name suggests), it is highly moisturizing and it improves lip appearance and fullness over time thankes to the concentration of Volulip serum. If you are annoyed by that light pinch characteristic of pumping lip balms and lipstick you won't probably like this. but at least by it you know it's working!
The fourth and last thing is a LOTION. The smell of it is everything! It is milky and soft and it reminds me so much of something of my childhood I can't really remember but it warms me everytime! It is highly hydrating thanks to Canadian maple syrup and a rich selection of other ingredients such as coconut oil.. funny story.. the name of the lotion is But soft! And it actually comes from a line in Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet "But soft! What light through yonder window break?"
Hope you liked that items as much as I did it.. and if you are willing to try something yourself use the code GOWEST for 25% off ANY ORDER AMOUNT. The coupon never expires and can be used once per person.. and now that christmas is coming what better present than something original and can help grow a little independent brand?!
The pocket mirror I used for the pictures is a beautiful led mirror (yes the one that shows all of your spots, black head and imperfections) from SAMMYDRESS



















BLANKET_ DRESSLILY
MIRROR_SAMMYDRESS















6 comments:

  1. what a fun blanket.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a blanket like that! they're unique.

    Walking Freckle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this mirror.

    http://shizasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, i love the blanket :))

    http://www.ivanasdiary.com/

    ReplyDelete